Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Balloon Boy


I don't believe that I would give this family the chance to be in a reality television show. This entire event has been one big mess. From the reports that I have seen about the Heeney family I believe that this family is too controversial. I believe that the family is known nation wide and I would most likely receive a phenomenal amount of viewers wanting to take a glimpse at this family. However, I do not believe that after the stunt that was pulled that they deserve to be rewarded with the fame and possible financial benefits a show would provide to them.

The police in this investigation believed the entire time that this was a hoax but wanted the family to cooperate. I can't blame them because this was what needed to be done to find out the truth. I don't think that the comment Falcon made to Wolf Blitzer was what made the light bulb turn on. I believe that it was the gulp taken by the father as his reaction to the comment. I also had a hard time believing the child in later interviews because it seemed very staged, as if his parents were telling him what they wanted him to say. Then later finding out that they had been on a reality show before and were being reviewed for another sealed the deal. I think that legal matters should be taken because it wasted time and money from multiple counties.

I feel sorry for the children, especially Falcon. It reminded me of Susan Boyle gaining all that fame after blowing the world away on Americas Got Talent. Soon after gaining this fame she became very ill and was hospitalized. I couldn't get that out of my head while watching the father of Falcon put his child on the spot. The boy was very ill and vomited. I don't believe that any family that puts their children at risk or even makes a hoax that would make their child seem in danger should reap any benefits of a reality show.

No comments:

Post a Comment